It is done, at last! It really took me some time working on this notebook.
The leather, that joins the front with back of the book cover, made me some trouble, since i wasn’t sure about the width of the body of the book before hand. So I left the back of the cover undone till all signatures were sewn. If I had to do this book again, I would do this definitely anyhow different. X-D
For this book, I was given some specifications I wanted to comply. It should open flat, it should be fastenable, have two bookmarkers aaand if possible should show some denim.
Check. 🙂 I used a variation of the coptic binding, so the book opens absolutely flat.
The book markers are glued to the leather cover. And for the fastening I used braided elastics that match the colors of the book markers and the signatures.
By the way, the book is 10,5 by 15 cm. All in all I’m pretty content. But if I had to make this book again, I would try to incorporate a magnetic fastener instead of the elastics :o)